Workshop on Dynamic Data-Driven Application Systems
ICCS 2014, Cairns, Australia
June 10-12, 2014
This workshop covers several aspects of the Dynamic Data Driven
Applications Systems (DDDAS) concept, which is an established approach
defining a symbiotic relation between an application and sensor based
measurement systems. Applications can accept and respond dynamically to new
data injected into the executing application. In addition, applications can
dynamically control the measurement processes. The synergistic feedback
control-loop between an application simulation and its measurements opens new
capabilities in simulations, e.g., the creation of applications with new and
enhanced analysis and prediction capabilities, greater accuracy, longer
simulations between restarts, and enable a new methodology for more efficient
and effective measurements. DDDAS transforms the way science and engineering
are done with a major impact in the way many functions in our society are
conducted, e.g., manufacturing, commerce, transportation, hazard prediction
and management, and medicine. The workshop will present such new
opportunities as well as the challenges and approaches in technology needed to
enable DDDAS capabilities in applications, relevant algorithms, and software
systems. The workshop will showcase ongoing research in these aspects with
examples from several important application areas. All related areas in
Data-Driven Sciences are included in this workshop.
This workhop was part of the International
Conference on Computational Sciences 2014.
Craig C. Douglas, University of Wyoming
Abani Patra, University of Buffalo
Ana Cortés, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Papers and citations
The citation is
Procedia Computer Science, 29 (2014), pp. 1-2520.
The volume is online at
Procedia Computer Science, vol. 29, pp. 1-2520.
Page numbers for individual papers are with each entry below.
The speaker's name is underlined.
Tuesday, June 10
- Robert McCune and Greg Madey,
Control of Artificial Swarms with DDDAS,
- Doug Allaire, David Kordonowy, Marc Lecerf, Laura Mainini and Karen Willcox,
Multifidelity DDDAS Methods with Application to a Self-Aware Aerospace Vehicle,
- Kishan Sudusinghe, Inkeun Cho, Mihaela van der Schaar and Shuvra Bhattacharyya,
Model Based Design Environment for Data-Driven Embedded Signal Processing Systems,
- Richard Fujimoto, Angshuman Guin, Michael Hunter, Haesun Park,
Ramakrishnan Kannan, Gaurav Kanitkar, Michael Milholen, Sabra Neal and
A Dynamic Data Driven Application System for Vehicle Tracking,
- Tomas Artes, Andres Cencerrado, Ana Cortes, Tomas Margalef, Dario
Rodr-guez, Thomas Petroliagkis and Jesus San Miguel,
Towards a Dynamic Data Driven Wildfire Behavior Prediction System at European Level,
- A. K. Patra, E. R. Stefanescu, R. M. Madankan, M. I Bursik, E. B.
Pitman, P. Singla, T. Singh and P. Webley,
Fast Construction of Surrogates for UQ Central to DDDAS - Application to Volcanic Ash Transport,
- Md. Sumon Shahriar and John McCulloch,
A Dynamic Data-driven Decision Support for Aquaculture Farm Closure,
- Craig C. Douglas,
An Open Framework for Dynamic Big-Data-Driven Application Systems (DBDDAS) Development,
Wednesday, June 11
- Vishwas Hebbur Venkata Subba Rao and Adrian Sandu,
A posteriori Error Estimates for DDDAS inference problems,
- Piyush Tagade, Hansjorg Seybold and Sai Ravela,
Mixture Ensembles for Data Assimilation in Dynamic Data-Driven Environmental
- Haitao Wei, Xiaoming Li, Guang Gao and Stephane Zuckerman,
A Dataflow Programming Language and Its Compiler for Streaming Systems,
- Lucas Krakow, Louis Rabiet, Yun Zou, Guillaume Iooss, Edwin Chong and
Optimizing Dynamic Resource Allocation,
- Erik Blasch, Youssif Al-Nashif and Salim Hariri,
Static versus Dynamic Data Information Fusion analysis using DDDAS for Cyber Trust,
- Layla Pournajaf, Li Xiong and Vaidy Sunderam,
Dynamic Data Driven Crowd Sensing Task Assignment,
- Shashi Phoha, Nurali Virani, Pritthi Chattopadhyay, Soumalya
Sarkar, Brian Smith and Asok Ray,
Context-aware Dynamic Data Driven Pattern Classification for Multi-Layered Border Control Sensor-net,
- Ana Cortes, Craig C. Douglas, and Abani Patra,
This website has been established and is maintained by Prof.
Craig C. Douglas.
©2014-2016 by www.dddas.org and Craig C. Douglas